It's Saturday, April 4th and we are expecting 1 to 3 inches of snow tomorrow evening. Since this has already seemed like the longest winter on record, I am not a happy camper. I decided to poke around in some of my beds today and see if I could record ANYTHING that would give me a glimmer of things to come. That old spring tonic, rhubarb, was sending up fat, pink fingers and tiny shriveled looking leaves that will be gigantic before too long. Thinking about that first pan full of homemade rhubarb sauce makes my mouth water.
A tiny clump of tulips are breaking through the moss in our front yard. We grow great moss in our lawn, all different colors. Grass......not so much.
My lamiastrum is always hearty and will be globe shaped and full of bright yellow flowers and bees before you know it. It divides well and grows well in all our shade.



No comments:
Post a Comment